Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Number 9 (Well... there are six of them...)

Personally, I've never really like T-Ara, I mean, I'd gotten interested for a while and then I found out about all their scandals and the mismanagement by their company.... and so it's safe to say that I gradually wandered away and immersed myself in other groups. However, their new song "Number 9" isn't too shabby! The review:

The Song:
It's one of their better ones. Absolutely no doubt at all. For example, take "Sexy Love". I won't deny that the song wasn't catchy, but I seriously think these KPOP companies need to get a certified English speaking songwriter. I mean, what song has the lyrics, "... sexy nose..." Please, that's just pushing it. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that "Number 9" was a pretty good song, and it ranked on many music billboards and shows. It was a poppy tune, and I liked the beginning where Eunjung pulls the "Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh..." Even Hyomin's rap wasn't bad... rather, it was short but nice. Better yet, Soyeon (T-Ara's powerhouse vocalist) had a lot of singing time and sounded beautiful. Jiyeon... mehh. She was more visual than vocals, and wasn't as impressive as even Boram in this song (for once, the girl gets a cool part!). Qri? Well, not the best, not the worst, but I can't argue with that when the rest of the song rocked (so essentially, Qri was meh too). Now to get nitpicky. I was extremely bothered when Hyomin did her little, kind-of rap part, where she goes "I'm addict! I'm addict!" Like I said, maybe CCM (their agency) needs to find an English teacher or something, because that's grammatically incorrect (I'm sounding like a grammar nazi, but it's true)! Next up, when Eunjung pulls off that high note right after Soyeon's part. I mean, we all know Soyeon can sing, so do they really have to give Eunjung that piece? It would have fit in perfectly well if Soyeon did it, but I guess CCM needed to showcase one of the more popular members a little more. Pity, this song was one of
T-Ara's releases that showed off Soyeon more. Still though, not bad. (Tip: CCM, Jiyeon already has too much attention as it is, time to stick Qri, Boram, or Soyeon in the center)

The Music Video:
Yeah um, kinda at a loss of words here. I mean, sure it had stuff other than dancing in a box (*cough* SM!), but it still wasn't that great. There wasn't really a storyline, just some girls moaning, or rather, singing about a heartbreak. The dance definitely bored me (if anything, the "Sexy Love" robot dance would've worked too), and the choreography was pretty slow. But hey, it takes skill to dance in heels, that much I can say. Nothing really to talk about in the music video, just that I'm pretty sure you only eat a rose after someone breaks up with you if you're quite weird. Not the greatest, but then again, music videos can't always be interesting, especially if you're talking about KPOP (where *cought* SM *cough* dominates the entertainment industry).





Not bad, I'd give it 4 sparkles out of 5. If anything, 4.1 sparkles out of 5. The music video kind of messed the song up, as well as the title choice (why number 9?), but the song itself was great! Pretty pleased with this comeback and I hope CCM gets everything straightened out before ruining T-Ara's reputation again!







































No comments:

Post a Comment