Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Expect the Best from Girl's' Day

I have to say... I really wish Girls' Generation would something just like this. It seems that Run Devil Run was a one time thing, and the rest of the time, SNSD is trying their best to be cute... I mean, come on! With 9 extremely hot girls, all SM can think of is making them sing "I got a boy on my chin?" Please, if anything, Girl's Day totally nailed the hot act in their new release, titled "Expectation." *Drumroll* The review:

The Song
Oh. My. Gosh. I can't get it out of my head. I mean, seriously, it's like, "Ooh ooh ooh," all day long. I don't know what Dream Tea Entertainment did to give Girl's Day such a fabulous song, but it sure worked. I won't lie that if SNSD tried this song, they could probably pull it off just as great too, but for a more low profile group, Girl's Day really nailed it. Minah, Sojin, and Hyeri all did quite great, and frankly, since this whole release was centered around Yura, I have to give her a bit of credit too. Just one tiny little complaint. Yura, love you and everything... but please work on your English. Your rapping didn't suck, it just had a total Korean accent in it. And I mean, she is Korean anyways, so I guess I can't stress about it too much. Polish it up and the song is fine!

The Music Video

Yeap, it was pretty great too. Like duh, Girl's Day isn't really my favorite girl group but I'm blogging about them so you can probably guess that I'm saying something good. It was really straightfoward, about how Yura is dating this guy, but she finds out he's cheating on her, and then she decides to dress all hot and rub it in his face... yeah, not the worst music video ever. Especially when you compare this to SM's box sets. It totally makes SM look like a small, no-name entertainment agency... yes, that's right, I'm talking about SNSD and their annoying videos... frankly, they could learn a thing or two from groups like Girl's Day.... THAT DANCE. I was awestruck, and believe me, if you try dancing to that choreography, it's pretty darn hard. I really liked the suspender dance and the whole sexy concept of this release... personally, I preferred it to Girl's Day's previous song, "Don't Forget Me." However, the heavy eyeliner was a little to much for me, I mean, you can mess that hair up all you want and wear short shorts too, but that eyeliner will make or break you. Please, I just don't want you to look depressed, that's all.












So all in all, great song, great dance, great video, great girls. Nice package. Now all I'd like to do is direct Girl's Generation and whoever's in charge of making their music videos over here. Please have a look. Please soak it in. Please understand that nine pairs of legs doing this dance has got to look great... Please, Girl's Generation, you have your work cut out for you.








No comments:

Post a Comment