Monday, October 7, 2013

Gotta Talk To You (Gotta Fangirl Over You!)

SEUNGRI! SEUNGRI! Yes, that's right, you knew this was coming. What KPOP blog would be complete without a devoted post to Big Bang, and more importantly, the most handsome maknae of all, Seungri. However, just because I'm biased and have wristbands with his name on them, doesn't mean I won't add my little "criticism" to the review. The review:

The Song:
Beautiful. Work of art. Whatever you want to say about it (that's positive, of course!). Actually, I'm being truthful here. Seungri's new album, "Let's Talk About Love," really is very nicely done. The songs are catchy, but most importantly, the song I'm blogging about, "Gotta Talk to You," is one of the best. When I first heard it, I had a major song-of-the-month moment, and listened to it on repeat for quite some time. It's true Seungri isn't the best singer in Big Bang, after all, he's the main (or lead) dancer of the group, and quite a good one at it. But the song didn't push his vocal abilities to the limit; it maintained a soft, mature feel to it and was well composed. Trust me... I'm listening to that song on repeat while writing this. Overall, one of Seungri's best songs; it totally rang of Big Bang with a little panda maknae uniqueness.

The Music Video (questionable swag?):
Really, if it weren't for the music video, I could totally give this song a 10 out of 10 (cue the 2PM music) without being biased at all. However, even though I'm still giving it a 10 (cause I'm biased, that's why), the video was a little on the boring/queer side. I mean, I like how they did that little remix at the very end, intercut with Seungri's mad dancing skills, but the basic storyline was kind of expected. Most of the video, actually all, was shot in a dimly lit rooms, and though it gave off that cool, dark city feel, I felt that YG Entertainment could've done slightly better. Maybe it's just me being envious of that girl he dances with and "crushes" on throughout the song (although we all know it's acting, thank goodness!), or maybe YG needs to work a little harder on their music videos. Although better than SM's (that's right, here we go again), I think they probably have run out of ideas. Truthfully though, I'll cut them some slack. They've produced great songs (like this one! <3 Seungri) and the videos aren't the worst, in fact, they're really professionally done, so much so, that they make SM's box sets look like a joke.

Overall, this song really showcased Seungri's growth, whether in his singing or composing abilities, and I felt he gave off a much more mature vibe in this release. And while, the video could've been more interesting, it was extremely hot and worked very well to show off Seungri <3! Coming from a totally biased Big Bang fan (Seungri is my favorite!), this was a great release on both Seungri and YG's part. Keep on rolling the same way YG! *ahem* SM... where were we?

**Support Big Bang!**










No comments:

Post a Comment