Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A.D.T.O.Y. (A Meaningless Word)

Boy bands are pretty cool. However, I have to say, the whole Korean concept of "flower boy" bands really tick me off. Sure they look cute, sweet, and handsome. But take SHINee for instance. Don't they look so malnourished? Or Super Junior? Too many men with no abs. So, I had high hopes for 2PM, my second favorite boy band (1. Big Bang is forever my first     2. They're tough and masculine.), and their new album, "Grown." And sure, of course they've "grown" since their debut, in what I believe and hope is the right direction. However, a few comments (criticism of course) even for 2PM... after all, only Big Bang can always be complimented:

The Song (I focus on A.D.T.O.Y):
Yes, that's right. A.D.T.O.Y. is a song. In fact, it stands for "All Day Thinking Of You," which 2PM decided to shorten into a meaningless phrase. I wonder if it was because the song title was too long...... well, duh right? So essentially, it's an okay song, not nearly as catchy as my favorite 2PM song, "Gimme the Light," but still okay. However, it could use some work. Taecyeon's rap in the beginning is... I don't know, kinda long? Yes, kinda long. I'm okay with rap, but I really wanted to hear some vocals too, which I guess came out a bit later on in the song. Of course, vocals were courtesy of Jun.K, Wooyoung, and Junho, and Nichkhun did next to nothing as well. Chansung was there to look good and overall, it was a legitimate, average 2PM song.

The Music Video (*speechless*):
It's so... *shudders*. Really, all there is in that video is romance (particularly kissing, and you know, the undoing of the guy's tie and everything..). I'll refrain from saying too much. It sure was interesting, but after a while, I mean, there really were too many kiss scenes. I thought Chansung's part was done pretty well, when the girl undoes his tie or something but Nichkhun... I mean, we all know you're more visual than vocals but man, that was just plain awkward. At least Jun.K had the sense to have his scene in the car... stairs don't work that well. Overall, so extremely... yeah, well, you kinda get the picture. Then the dance. I thought it was pretty cool, what with the routine incorporating chairs and some sexy moves. Nichkhun looks pretty hot rubbing his back while singing, and Jun.K in his low V-Neck shirt is pretty charismatic too, especially when he doesn't do anything and just sits on a chair while this girl dances around him. Nice moves, boys, very hot.

Overall:
It was an average song. It was a pretty cool dance. It was a pretty hot music video... Too much kissing. That's all I have to say. However, not bad. Everything worked out well for 2PM (no jokes today T-T).












No comments:

Post a Comment