Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Good Day? Great Day!

I've never really payed attention to IU. She caught my eye a few times in the drama "Dream High" with her cute relationship with Wooyoung playing Jason. However, I've never really had a thing for KPOP soloists except for Ailee, who will always be my queen of soloists in Korean music. But IU's song "Good Day" really is too good to be true, and my ears love it. The review:


The Song:
is on repeat right now. Yeah, it's good. IU is a great singer herself and I really prefer her cute, brilliant songs like "Good Day" and "You and I" over her "adult" image. I understand that she's growing up but she will forever be "Korea's Little Sister" to me! Anyhow, "Good Day" is extremely catchy and shows off IU's vocals perfectly, especially at the extended high note at the end. Also, the rest of the song pops and jumps to her voice, but in a smooth way. Even the cello brings a sunny but wintry feel to the tune, and it really is a great piece.

The Music Video:
IU wouldn't need a music video to make her song a success. Regardless, she still made one and it's so *shudders* cute! It starts with how her pet parrot gives away her love for her crush by talking, and IU starts this entire song about her young love, even calling the guy "big brother". I mean, how sweet! And the lyrics actually make sense, unlike many other songs *ahem SHINee "Everybody*. Even the dance shows how versatile IU is, that she can dance as well as sing. I can actually tolerate the funny cello guy in the music video too... so much humor. The video is beautiful, as well as the song, and I really have no criticism for it. What a good day!

Overall, I LOVE IT! IU may not be my favorite artist, but she really is talented and has proven it through "Good Day". One of the best songs by a female artist in KPOP!








No comments:

Post a Comment