Thursday, October 3, 2013

Yes, Yes, Yes! (Or NoNoNo... I Guess)

When it comes to the cute factor... it's all about APink nowadays. And I totally think they got it down perfectly... I mean, seriously, they're kinda like the younger, more teenage version of SNSD. And their new song "NoNoNo" really rocks the adolescent girl concept. The *drumroll please* review:

The Song:
At first, the song sounded weird to me. I mean it starts off with little, catchy snapping sounds and then cue the drums... lead into the chorus... "No no no... No no no!" Yeah okay, so after that little girly chorus section, there's this random techno clip and then boom. Song officially starts. So I guess it takes some time to warm up to, and I definitely like "My My" more, but this song isn't bad as well. A few tips. APink, you have wonderfully cute and bubbly songs, but the song names I just don't get. First, it's like "My My," then "Hush," then "NoNoNo." Nothing against "Hush" at all, but don't you think the other two songs have these tiny repetitive titles? I mean, sure I complain about song names (cue the lamentation in Rum Pum Pum Pum review) but I do try to give my piece from a practical standpoint. And frankly, these entertainment agencies could use a little help with naming those songs.

More on the song. I'm really glad that the vocals were mostly equally distributed, though of course, Chorong was pretty much shut out of it and Eunji (Pretty Eunji!) dominated most of the song. However, what kind of surprised me was that they gave Naeun a long-ish part near the end of the song. I'm not saying she's not a good singer, but she's about average and after all, Naeun is the visual of the group... and we all know visuals are placed in groups to add more looks than anything else. However, maybe it was auto-tune or maybe it's just me doubting visual Naeun's singing abilities, but it was a nicely sung part. Overall, pretty catchy, and as always, APink was just as cute as they needed to be.

The Music Video:
Um... it was okay. Not particularly interesting, just scenes of the girls dancing intercut with what I believe is a party of some sort going on that displays them lamenting about this guy. At least it was better than f(x) and SNSD music videos (NoNoNo, I will never stop complaining about those box sets!). Basically, I don't have much to say about the video except that I think I saw Naeun wearing these ridiculous blue contacts. Yeap, way to take on the "fashion" that f(x) tried in their Electric Shock video... and believe me, they looked just as ridiculous wearing those contacts in close ups. At least the video didn't do many zoom-ins on Naeun's contacts during her little solo part... now if only SM could learn that (for all those who think that I hate on SM too much, believe me, I hate Core Contents even more... T-Ara's mismanagement ruined it for me). But that's beside the point. Not the greatest music video ever, Apink, but certainly better than "Hush." That video was like a replicate of SM.

As a whole, catchy song, creative dance. And believe, I do mean that it was a pretty cool dance (very cute!), especially since they had to make the choreography look nice with Yookyung gone, bringing the members down to 6. However, I personally don't really mind seeing Yookyung not in the group. It's not like SNSD, where if you took out a girl, it would feel empty. Simple truth: Yookyung didn't really do anything for APink, except demonstrating her English skills once in a while. She wasn't even that much of a looker... (with all due respect to Yookyung and Pink Pandas) But I'm digressing. Like I said, it was a satisfying comeback and very APink. One last tip to APink before I sign off: If you're bored, you can always sit yourself down and think of good, less repetitive song names. If nothing comes to mind, call me.


Happy Birthday, ERomo! You're turning 33 (I mean, 13 XD)!























1 comment: