Thursday, September 5, 2013

Big Bang (The Band... Please... Not Theory)

Ok so I figured I might as well get started on the random part of my blog, KPop... which you may groan and moan at but is my love and joy, so bear with me... please. And I really detest it when people say Big Bang Theory the moment Big Bang pops out of my mouth... so no Big Bang Theory here ok? Let's say it's banned from this blog? Good? Okay? Since there was no answer, I'll assume that's a yes. Now onward into Big Bang (THE BAND).

If you've never heard of them, I wouldn't be too surprised, maybe just slightly (take or give) since they are, after all, disputably the most successful boy band in Korean pop music nowadays. If not most successful, then at least 2nd most successful (that accursed Super Junior... jk... no offense). Overall, many KPop fans really lean towards the Big Bang fandom because of its unique image in the world of Korean pop. Most boy bands have the signature flower boy look (like SHINee)... you know the type, skinny jeans and neon shirts, lanky arms and crazy hair (kind of looks like 1D... except, well, not really, and please, I mean no offense, 1D is not a bad band). But Big Bang gives off the more manly vibe, mixed with a little over-the-top fashion that's not too over-the-top. I can only name one instance when it really was over-the-top and it's none other than Big Bang's leader, G-Dragon's hair (but I mean, cut him some slack. obviously over-the-top was his destiny since he was born. what kind of person's name is G-Dragon?)



Okay, so obvious over-the-top overload. But other than that, everything has been pretty tame (as in, crazy tame, or about as tame as Big Bang can get), and if you wish to argue about their fashion choice, the group name says it all. What isn't "big bang" about some long neon orange hair? If you want to get technical with me and call Big Bang a scientific hypothesis, then please leave this blog, because if you did say that, it would have to do with that annoying television show all over again and remember? The Big Bang Theory is banned. Period.

Members (because that's so important):

G-Dragon: Yeap, the dude with the neon orange hair. Everything about him screams creatively insane and talented. Which makes him all the more hot.

Daesung: Resident cute eye smile person, whose great at being dumb. Yes, his name was Dumber and Dumbest in partnership with his stupid partner-in-dumb on a reality show. But overall, he's quite the cute Korean!

Seungri: My ultimate bias. No words said. Just. Plain. Hot. If you don't believe me, just Google his new music video on YouTube and see for yourself.

T.O.P: So shy and reserved, it makes me want to scream!!! But I suppose that just makes T.O.P.... well... T.O.P. And maybe its because of his handsome rich guy persona (which is actually true) because all the girls go gaga for him... **sighs**

Taeyang: Yes, he's last but (this is going to sound corny) definitely not the least. Imagine a good dancer, singer, and hot guy all in one package. Nailed it!

So, those are the diverse members of this group, and yes, my favorite KPop group of all time, no contest. Was this random enough for you readers? I do so hope, and yes, in case you're wondering where are the book reviews, they'll be coming right up. I just needed to take a little break and do something versatile! Keep on sparkling!
















3 comments:

  1. Thought this would come up sooner or later :P

    This is a lot more than you told me, I have been enlightened in the ways of this "Big Bang" band you speak of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD... now no more "Big Bang Theory" as Smosh puts it... plz, no... cause that would just ruin my KPop endeavors....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But smosh is awesome! :D

      Don't worry, I won't call them that. They're completely different anyways, and the word "Theory" is clearly not in this band's name. :>

      Delete