Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Just Go (RaNia)

So sorry guys, but I just couldn't come up with a good title for this blog post so I decided to keep it classic and stick with the song title. However, despite the boring post name, girl group RaNia's song "Just Go" was there to impress. The review:

The Song:
Frankly, RaNia's isn't the most talented band I've seen in my history of KPOP infatuation. Their vocals aren't the most powerful I've heard, and the only reason RaNia appeared on my radar was because I happened to catch a clip of "Just Go". I won't say I wasn't hooked, but it took some time before I finally decided to research RaNia and listen to the full song. Nice. Really nice. Though RaNia isn't my favorite band, "Just Go" was a catchy, poppy song that kept me hanging on every word. It's literally been on repeat in my playlist, and while I'm sure the song will eventually fade out of my interest, it's still got me singing to RaNia. Another thing that I'm just so happy to say. For once, the Korean music industry produced a song with actual, proper English lyrics. *mindblown* IKR?! The first time I heard the song in full, I sighed with relief that the girls didn't bomb it with horrible lyrics and that at least some Korean entertainment companies know how to get the job done properly *cough T-Ara "Sexy Love" cough*. With the worrisome English problem out of the way, I was able to enjoy the song, and I'm particularly in love with T-ae's part, especially when she goes "tick tock." It fell in extremely well with the song, and especially in live performances when the fireworks go off, RaNia looks great! Overall, though the vocals (Jooyi and T-ae) didn't get to shine much, I would say RaNia pulled off a nice release.

The Music Video:
Ummm... well, it was like a typical music video. Girls freak out about this guy, decides to leave him be. and stuff like that. Mostly, it was dancing intercut with scenes of breakups. I have to say, though I know RaNia's concept has always been more of the hot (not cute at all) type, the dance and wardrobe kind of threw me off there. Honestly, RaNia has had much less training than many other bands (3 years!), and so I can see why they're not as polished. The dance isn't exactly the best thing I've seen, and it's not too hard; instead, kind of slow with lots of camera shots and backup dancers. The wardrobe, however, I cannot sugarcoat that. It... was shockingly revealing. A see-through lace onesie is just a bit too revealing for me, and I cannot imagine any normal person wearing that in public, just walking around and singing about their breakup. Of course, the costume was for the video, but I like covering... Also, I had a problem with the guy in RaNia's music video. The video gave an entire second to shooting his face, and idk... he's just on the old-ish (?) side. Just me here, but RaNia needs a better video.

The Live Performances:
I saw a few of the performances, and I'm glad to see that RaNia has somewhat different clothes onstage compared to the video. The best performance was when they were "Show Champion" and they got fireworks to go with T-ae's "tick tocking". However, the applause/fans were underwhelming, and they really didn't have anyone cheering for them. At least in some other shows you could hear fans screaming for the girls, but it was quite depressing hearing silence and light applause. However, I can't find much fault in the live performances, except for the obvious lip-synching and choppy dance moves. That can all be fixed :D

Overall, I liked the song the most, but the video was an unnecessary addition to my RaNia enjoyment. I would not recommend either the video or the choreography (learn something else if you want to dance KPOP) but the song was catchy. Like I said, not my favorite band but okayy~ Keep on sparkling!










No comments:

Post a Comment